Topic 5: Hyped Books and Obscure Books

Day 1 of the BookTube-A-Thon 2014. This is the first read-a-thon I have participated in on BookTube. So far I have read one book from my TBR list.

The first day's video challenge was to make a video about your top 3 books that you have read because of BookTube.

This theme made me think about the significants of overly hyped books in the community and how they can enhance peoples' involvement in the community or detach people. For example, people who have read the book can join in the discussion everywhere but people who haven't may feel left out.

My questions today are:

1. How do you feel about talking about books that are not that hyped? And do you have any books that you wouldn't talk about because you don't feel people would be interested, or for some other reason?

2. Do you sometimes look up a book in the search bar for a review or discussion? If you do, how often would you then subscribe to that person.

*

Comments